Many thanks again to everyone that participated in this year’s events and to those entrants who couldn’t make it for various reasons (as you can see from below your entry money still has benefitted some great causes). The weather made it one of the tougher years but the amazing positivity of those crossing the finish line was fantastic! Please post any photos or comments on our Facebook page
Firstly a date for your diary – Next year’s Round Strathaven 50 & 15 will take place on Sunday 23rd August2020. Entry Central will open for entries in early 2020 (I will email to advise nearer the time).
This year saw the biggest number of bikes on the road to date (over 650) and you helped raise an incredible £13,000 for charity! We must run the lowest cost event in Scotland with everything from the donations of the amazing cakes to our dedicated marshals time given freely. Support by local Strathaven businesses is vital as is the brilliant technical support and recovery provided by Dales Cycles.
The beneficiaries this year are:
- Strathaven Scouts = £2,500 which will be used for maintaining the hall and equipment.
- Strathaven Guides = £2,500 which similarly will be used for maintaining the hall and equipment.
- HHI = £3,000. We have worked with this small charity for several years. They deliver some incredible projects primarily in India and like the RS50 have a very low cost base.
- Kasin = £1,000. A very similar charity to HHI who we have assisted in the past but based in Nepal.
- South Lanarkshire Samaritans = £1,000 which will directly support the running costs of the local centre.
The balance is being retained for two purposes. Firstly we are planning on purchasing and locating a storage container on ground donated by Strathaven Rugby Club as we desperately need space to store the huge number of signs, etc. The final balance will become part of our community fund used for micro grants supporting local projects.
We hope you agree that your effort (and enjoyment) has benefited a wide range of deserving causes. Thanks again for your support and look forward to seeing you next year.